Me Stuff

My photo
I am a writer currently living, working, and writing in Atlanta, GA. I moonlight as a retail merchandiser, a job I love particulary because of the creative aspect of it. I studied journalism at Los Angeles City College before deciding to change my major.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stop Hitting The Snooze Button

We all do it. Pound our fists against the top of the alarm clock, roll over in bed and slither deeper under a mountain of blankets.
That's the physical snooze button.
The one I'm speaking of is your mental snooze button. Nearly ever person has hit the snooze button on their lives before. Its the I'll do it tomorrow, in a few days, next week. As we all know a few days turns into a few weeks. Next week turns into next month. And before you know it, 5 years has passed and you're still hitting the snooze button.
In her book, Stop Saying You're Fine, Mel Robbins urges you to stop hitting your snooze button, identify your self defeating behaviors, beat your brain at its own game, draw out a map and move your ass.
As Robbins says, you've hit the snooze button on your life for the last time. So move your ass to your local bookstore and pick up this book. Its a must read for anybody who is stuck or who has ever felt stuck before.

No comments:

Post a Comment