Me Stuff

My photo
I am a writer currently living, working, and writing in Atlanta, GA. I moonlight as a retail merchandiser, a job I love particulary because of the creative aspect of it. I studied journalism at Los Angeles City College before deciding to change my major.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

OverAnalyzing

I recently shared with a friend that my goal was to one day own a small city. Immediately she launched into a textbook discussion about the intricacies of owning a small city; the costs, the legal hoops one would have to jump through, the people one might have to hire. Then she took my hand and lead me to a bench, sat me down, and said, If you really want to make it in this life, stick with the 9 to 5.
Surprised I asked, how do you think the company I currently work for came into fruition. To which she replied, well somebody started it. Of course they did.
Most of us are stuck in the ruts of our daily lives and to afraid to move from our comfort zone and pursue the life we truly want because we spend to much time overanalyzing. The longer you mull over it, the least likely you are to do it. Overanalyzing sets you up for failure.
So I don't let myself get to that point. I don't think about it. I just do one thing every single day that gets me closer to my goal, even if that one thing is stuffing an envelope and dropping it in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment