Me Stuff

My photo
I am a writer currently living, working, and writing in Atlanta, GA. I moonlight as a retail merchandiser, a job I love particulary because of the creative aspect of it. I studied journalism at Los Angeles City College before deciding to change my major.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My First Post

Yesterday I posted a discussion on my Crime Place page inquiring about how to develop topics to blog about.
Last night, as I was sitting at home deep in thought about this very thing, I realized two things. First blog about something you are passionate about. Secondly don't worry about whether or not you are an expert on the topic you may be blogging about. Chances are if you are passionate about what you blog about, then you have spent untold amounts of time doing reasearch. For me my passions are health and wellness and physical fitness and of course writing. I draw from my own life experiences when discussing these topics with others or even when offering advice. Being a cancer survivor doesn't qualify me as a medical doctor. Neither does having been anorexic. But these are things I can draw on because they are things I have been through and things I have researched extensively because I have been through them. That's what i want this blog to be about. I want it to be full of practical advice for different types of people because at the end of the day Dana really does have a lot to say.
So to my first post and many more to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, that's great to offer advice to others who've been through similar experiences as yours. You're off to a good start. Even got your first follower. Now, follow along with me at www.buzzardbone.blogspot.com, and let's keep the dialogue buzzing. Great to meet you. Mary

    ReplyDelete